Dr.John Rumunu (MB.BS, MPH, FFPH) is a member of the board of SSGMC and an executive member of the bord, John is a Public Health specialist with various qualifications in Disease Surveillance, M&E/PH &N, Community Health. He is a Fellow of Faculty of Public Health (FFPH), Royal Colleges of Physicians, United Kingdom awarded with distinction, June 2015. He obtained a MPH from Nuffield Institute of Health, Leeds University in 2001 and a MBBS FROM THE University of Juba, Khartoum . He is currently the director General of Preventive Health Services in the Ministry of Health Republic of South Sudan. He previous work experience includes:
- Short Term Consultancy to the staff of the World Bank Group for an assignment with Health in Africa Initiative (HIA) project in South Sudan.
- Technical Director and Chief of Party (COP) for the Sudan Health Transformation Project II (SHTP II) for Management Sciences for Health (MSH) .
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for Global Fund for AIDS, TB, and Malaria (GFATM), Southern Sudan for UNDP, 2006
- Member of Sudan People Liberation Movement (SPLM)-Secretariat of Health (SOH), Rumbek/Nairobi in 2005-2006
- Medical/Country Director- International Medical Corps (IMC), 2004–2005
- Sierra Leone Program, Sierra Leone
- Medical/Country Director, Chad (2004)
- Health Coordinator- with the International Rescue Committee (IRC), 2002–2004 South Sudan Project, South Sudan
- Consultant in Clinical Staff Training in Southern Blue Nile (SBN); for GOAL Sudan Southern Blue Nile (SBN), 2001–2002
- Medical Coordinator; and Regional Focal Point for AFP Program in SBN GOAL Sudan Southern Blue Nile (SBN), 2001–2002
- Medical Officer of Health with Sudan Ministry of Health, 1993–1999 at various Hospitals and departments.